After a pretty bad paper jam and pieces of paper stuck in the fuser our color RICOH printer refused to boot up. It was getting the error SC541 Power Off/ON.
This seems to be a quite complicated error, so we decided to call our vendor for an onsite repair, and the charges quota was about $740.00 claiming they needed to change the fuser because it was broken. Well, that was a heck of a lot of money taking into account the fuser only costs around 200 hundred bucks, so we decided to give the error another shot in troubleshooting the problem ourselves again.
What seemed to be a complicated problem was actually just a matter of pressing a few buttons.
While the printer is on do the following:
- Hold down both of the arrow keys for 10 seconds
- Press ENTER
- Select Option 2 for Engine
- Choose 7 Data Log
- scroll down to 7807 and execute it. click OK
- press the escape button until you get to the engine option
- then select option 3 to end
- restart the printer by pressing the power button.
If the above does not work, repeat the procedure but instead of 7807 look for SC calling, something like that, and reset the whole thing.
The reality is that the problem is fixable though, and do not need to purchase a new fuser, after clearing the code, the printer should work fine again.