Plus troubleshooting any audio driver issues
Sound drivers like the Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver ensure that your audio devices work properly when connected to your PC. Most of the time these drivers come preinstalled on Microsoft PCs, but you might need to install them manually if something goes wrong.
In this article, we’ll explain how to download, install, and update the Realtek audio driver in Windows 11.
How to Download the Realtek Audio Drivers on Windows 11
The appropriate Realtek audio driver for your system depends on the manufacturer of your motherboard. You can find versions of the Realtek audio codecs for Windows 10, Windows 11, and previous operating systems on the Realtek website.
You can also customize your audio driver settings using the Realtek HD Audio Manager. To do so, you’ll need to consult the motherboard manufacturer’s website to determine where to download the appropriate file.
How to Download the Realtek Audio Drivers for Intel
You can download the standard Intel Audio Driver for Windows 11 from the Intel website.
- Go to the Realtek Audio driver download page on the Intel official website.
- Select the Download button.
How to Download the Realtek Audio Drivers for Lenovo
You can download the standard Lenovo Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 11 from the Lenovo website.
- Go to the Realtek Audio driver download page on the Lenovo official website.
- Find the most recent Realtek audio driver Windows 11 file and select the Download button.
How to Download the Realtek Audio Drivers for HP
HP users can download the Realtek audio drivers from the HP website.
- Go to the Software and Driver Downloads page on the HP official website.
- Input your device details.
- Find the appropriate driver for your system and select the Download button.
How to Download the Realtek Audio Drivers for Dell
HP users can download the Realtek audio drivers from the Dell website.
- Go to the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver page on the Dell official website.
- Scroll down and press the Download button.
How to Download the Realtek Audio Drivers for Asus
HP users can download the Realtek audio drivers from the Asus website.
- Go to the Asus Download Center page on the Asus official website.
- Input your device details.
- Download the appropriate audio driver.
How to Install Realtek Audio Driver in Windows
Now that you have downloaded the Realtek Audio Driver file, you can go ahead and install it.
- Go to your downloaded file and right-click the ZIP folder. Select Extract All.
- Select where you would like your files to be extracted and select Extract.
- Go to the extracted files and double-click Setup.exe.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How to Update Realtek Audio Drivers in Windows 11
To ensure the highest sound quality possible on your computer, your audio drivers must be up-to-date. While audio drivers can be updated during your usual Windows updates, they may become out of date. You can update your Realtek HD audio drivers to the latest version at any time via the Device Manager.
How to Update Realtek Audio Drivers in the Windows 11 Device Manager
To update your audio drivers:
- In the Taskbar, search for “Device Manager” and select it.
- Double-click Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click Realtek(R) Audio and select Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer for drivers option.
- Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Choose the latest driver update and select Next.
- Restart your computer to allow the update to take effect.
How to Update Realtek Audio Drivers With a Windows 11 Update
To update your drivers via Windows update:
- Open the Start Menu and select Settings.
- From the left-hand menu, select Windows Update.
- Select Advanced options.
- Scroll down to the Additional Options section and select Optional Updates.
- Select the down arrow on the right-hand side of the Driver updates box to expand it.
- If the audio driver appears in the list, tick it and press the Download and Install button. If not, your driver is already up to date.
- Restart your PC to enable the update.
Troubleshooting Your Realtek Audio Driver
If you’re having issues with your sound and you’ve checked your sound settings, it may be issues relating to your audio driver. It could be that your driver software is not compatible with your sound card or that your audio driver is out of date.
If you have issues with your audio drivers, try updating them. If that doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall the drivers.
If all else fails, you could try downloading and installing a different audio driver. If the problem persists, it’s likely not your driver causing the issue. Check for other problems in your audio settings and make sure your hardware is working correctly. Here’s a guide to troubleshooting common audio issues in Windows 10 and 11 if you get stuck.
Realtek Audio Drivers
An audio driver is an essential part of your PC’s software that’s vital for audio function. If you’re having sound issues, and you’ve confirmed your hardware is in working condition, your audio driver may be the cause. Downloading and installing the Realtek audio drivers for Windows 11, or updating the driver if it’s already installed, could be the answer to your audio-based woes.